Baine was born in Dallas. He graduated from OU with a BA in Communications before moving back to North Texas in the mid-1990’s. He arrived with several years of restaurant experience, and turned that experience into the well-known Two Rows brand. After fifteen years as partner and manager at several locations, Baine and his Allen location weathered the 2008 recession and remains a flagship of the local restaurant scene where he employees more than 40 team members.
Baine and Juli have been married over 25 years. Their girls, Brittani and Brenna, are students at the University of North Texas and the University of Washington, respectively. Brittani is tennis player, sings and plays guitar. Brenna is a gymnast and plays piano. Toto, the dog, sleeps wherever he wants.
Baine is the past president of the Greater Dallas Restaurant Association and has served on the board of directors for the North Texas Food Bank. He was previously on the board of directors for the Texas Restaurant Association. Through these and other organizations, Baine has raised over $60,000 for various charities. In 2009, the Allen/Lovejoy Council of PTAs honored him with the Lifetime Membership Award. He has also served on the board for the Allen School Foundation. Baine was awarded the Allen Millennium award for promoting excellence in business, promoting Allen, encouraging employment growth, and contributing back to the community. He and his family are members of Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church where he sings with the Worship Team. Baine has also received the following honors:
- 2012-2016 Community Partnership for Community-Based Vocational Education with AISD and LISD
- 2013 Allen Masonic Lodge Community Builder Award
- 2013 Connor State College Athletic Hall of Fame
- 2015 Kiwanis Club of Allen Spirit of Community Award
- 2015 Keynote Speaker for Evolution Academy
- 2019 Collin County MLK Day Drum Major Award
- 2012-2022 City of Allen Councilmember
- 2021-2022 City of Allen Mayor Pro Tem
- Allen ISD Council of PTAs, Lifetime Member
- Past President, Greater Dallas Restaurant Association
- Former Regional Director, Texas Restaurant Association
- Former Director, North Texas Food Bank
Other than his culinary and hospitality skills, Baine is well-known for his college baseball career. He was named as a National Junior College Baseball All-American in 1985. He participated in five AABC World Series and one NJCAA World Series. He brings this same skill and enthusiasm to all his personal, business, and community relationships.